- Article on Herman Melville's The Confidence Man, Melville Society Extracts, Nov. 1981.
- Article on Chretien de Troyes's Yvain, The Explicator, Fall 1982.
- "A Reading of Shirley Jackson's 'The Lottery'," New Orleans Review (Spring 1985). Reprinted in Contemporary Literary Criticism, vol. 60 (Detroit: Gale Research, 1990).
- Paper on Dickens's Little Dorrit, delivered at UC Santa Barbara, Feb. 1985.
- The Figurative Fifties, exhibition brochure, July 1988.
- Notice/Review of LACE/Patrick Media ArtBulletin program, In These Times, Spring 1989.
- Two articles for the Manhattan Friends of the Arts Newsletter (Manhattan Beach, CA).
- "Peter Shelton at L.A. Louver," Artweek 42, no. 24 (26 December 1991).
- "Alexis Rockman at Thomas Solomon's Garage," Art Issues (March/April 1992):33.
- "Elyn Zimmerman at Fred Hoffman Gallery," Artweek 23, no. 6 (20 February 1992):15-16.
- "Putting Disgust on Display: Helter/Skelter at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles," In These Times (Chicago) (1-7 April 1992):21-22.
- "The Nude in Twentieth-Century Photography at Jan Kesner; David Salle at Stuart Regan," Art Issues (May/June 1992):36.
- "More or Less: Gerhard Merz at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art," Artweek (21 May 1992):21.
- "Mortification as Installation: Liz Young and Barbara Benish at Otis/Parson's Art Institute," Visions Art Quarterly (Fall 1992):38.
- "Disillusioned Desire: Chris Wilder at Kim Light Gallery," Artweek 23, no. 26 (22 October 1992):17-18.
- "The FAR BAZZAR at the Old Federal Reserve Bank Building, Los Angeles," Artweek 24, no. 2 (21 January 1993):17.
- "No One Home: Anthony Hernandez at Turner/Krull Gallery," Artweek (22 April 1993): inside back cover.
- "Two Guys from Lincoln: Craig Roper and Cameron Shaw at the Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery, Lincoln, Nebraska," Artpapers (Atlanta, Georgia) (Fall 1993).
- "Self Scrutiny: Joseph Blaustein at First Independent Gallery," Artweek 24, no. 13 (8 July 1993):22.
- "Greg Colson at Angles Gallery," Artpapers (May/June 1995):37-38.
- "Tom Savage at Cirrus," Artweek26, no. 5 (May 1995):27.
- Claire Chene: True North (Santa Monica: FIG Gallery, 1995), exhibition brochure.
- William Lane: Paintings (Santa Monica: FIG Gallery, 1996), exhibition brochure.
- "Barbara Drucker: Calendar Notations, at Artworks Gallery," unpublished.
- L.A. Art Reflections on Christopher Knight' comment that "this is the best time to be an artist in L.A."
- Michael McMillen, "Domestica," at The Living Room, Santa Monica, CA, unpublished.
- Claire Chene at FIG Gallery, March 1999
- Andy WAS a Dope (Warhol), unpublished, 1998
My online press releases from FIG Gallery are no longer extant on the web since the gallery decided to close its web site.
There are no Artweek articles on my site because the publishers insist that they own the copyright, even though they pay subminimum wage for reviews.
| Web Design | Programming | Music